Wednesday, March 31, 2010

2918 Blinded by teeth

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.

----------------------------------------------

There was an episode of "Seinfeld" wherein Jerry got his teeth whitened, too white, so that every time he opened his mouth everyone else was blinded.

Raquel Welch was on GMA this morning, and her teeth were that blinding too too white.

I'm seeing that everywhere on TV these days - too white, unreal. Not in real life, though. Ordinary people have ordinary teeth, but TV people seem to be competing for the most blinding teeth. That's beyond annoying, because that means blinding teeth will become a requirement even for ordinary people.

Back in my childhood, when my teeth were brand new, before coffee, tea, cola, cigarettes, they were in the middle of the dentist's color chart. Bleached, they won't ever get any whiter than that. Most of the blinding teeth you see on TV are veneers anyway, not bleached. I've heard that porcelain veneers cost $1,000 to $1,500 per tooth!

Sad.
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

I worked for a woman who had gone to Thailand for dermabrasion, a nose job, and teeth whitening. I stared at her teeth during the interview. It just wasn't right.

Because I took antibiotics when I was seven, my teeth are forever gray. Ick.