Friday, March 12, 2010

2805 Weight check, guitar birds

Friday, March 12, 2010

"Men who are unhappy, like men who sleep badly, are always proud of the fact."
-- Bertrand Russell --

------------------------------------------

Saw the nutritionist again yesterday, gave her the "food journal" she'd asked me to keep. She was very impressed by what I had listed as having eaten, and then was doubly impressed when she weighed me. I'd lost (by her scale) 8 pounds in the 4 weeks - which pretty much proved that my journal was accurate, not "prettied up".

My scale says 10 pounds lost, by the way. I am now at 130. My goal had been 125, but given that I still have the out-of-proportion tummy and thighs, just smaller, I think I'll revise the goal downward. Or maybe not numbers at all - just aim for flat tummy.

No, firming exercises are not the answer. I have an excellent set of muscles there. Under the soft fat pad on the belly, my belly is flat and firm. You can actually grab the pad and lift it, and see flatness. Same with my thighs. Under the soft outer jiggle, my thighs are rock hard.

I will do exercises to keep the rear end round - I don't want a flat behind. One thing I can't do much about is the bust. It is getting smaller. Over the last two years I bought a lot of bras, in 38 D and 38 DD. It cost a small fortune and took a lot of shopping, because I'm hard to fit, it's hard to get a big cup that won't point east and west on my small chest. I am beginning to not fill them. That's distressing. I really don't want to have to replace them all over again. I may just shrug and use a little padding in the bottom of the cups until things settle down.

----------------------------

This video is cute. I've copied the text from the description on YouTube. I assume no one will mind, since it's essentially advertising for the Barbican. I like the bird using the stick as a pick. The bird, by the way, obviously has a definite purpose in mind. I wonder what.
New commission for The Curve, Barbican, London
http://www.barbican.org.uk/thecurve/b...

© Extracts from Ariane Michel's film, Les Oiseaux de Céleste. Copyright Galerie Xippas, Ariane Michel and Céleste Boursier-Mougenot, 2008

French artist Céleste Boursier-Mougenot creates works by drawing on the rhythms of daily life to produce sound in unexpected ways.

For his installation in The Curve, Boursier-Mougenot creates a walk-though aviary for a flock of zebra finches, furnished with electric guitars and other musical instruments. As the birds go about their routine activities, perching on or feeding from the various pieces of equipment, they create a captivating, live soundscape.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89Kz8Nxb-Bg]

27 February 2010 - 23 May 2010
The Curve, Barbican, London
http://www.barbican.org.uk/thecurve/b...

Free admission
Times: Open daily 11am-8pm
Open late every Thu until 10pm


.

No comments: