Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2781 Feelin' Blah

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Too many people don't know the difference between "probable" and "possible".
-- Me --

----------------------------

I hate winter.

Yesterday morning four different sources predicted 2-4" of snow. No big deal. It snowed gently all day, and by late afternoon, when we already had 5", they changed it to 6-10". Gee, thanks. I wish I could be paid so much for presenting bad guesses. I had scheduled "The Last Station" for my movie group, and canceled it when I heard that the roads weren't being plowed. Rescheduled for Friday.

I hadn't called Plow Guy, but he came anyway. I knew he'd arrived when the headlights swept across the den window and I heard the thumping and banging.

------------------------------

It seems like my life has become all about food. Three meals and three snacks all day, evenly spaced. Protein at every one. All low- or no-fat stuff. No fruit except berries until lunch. I eat slowly, so it seems like I'm eating constantly, or thinking about what to eat next. It also seems like I'm eating a lot more food, so I was afraid I'd be gaining weight, but the scale says I've actually lost a little bit. I have a few trips and hotel stays coming up, and I'm already fussing about how I can manage the regime on the road, or without a refrigerator, or on a long flight. Cheating or saying the heck with it is not an option.

When I go to the village this afternoon, I'm going to check on that Glucerna stuff, if I can find it. Maybe that would be good to fill the snack gaps. I wonder if I can smuggle it into Morocco....
.

No comments: