Wednesday, October 14, 2009

2621 My Montel

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It isn’t how you start that matters, it’s how you finish.

---------------------------

Twenty years ago I had a mad wild crush on Montel Williams.

I don't agree with some of his enthusiasms, like that insufferable woman who sees ghosts "standing behind" people, but he's an otherwise intelligent, compassionate, sensitive, giving, inspirational man.  The gorgeous body doesn't hurt.

I read his book about his struggles getting a correct diagnosis when that gorgeous body did hurt.  I felt so sorry for him when shortly after his MS diagnosis his wife left him.  I don't know her side of the story, but my impression was that she just didn't want that life, didn't want to be bothered.  Disloyal.  I wanted to volunteer to take her place.

His show doesn't seem to be on any of the channels I get, so for the past several years I wondered how he was doing.

He was a guest host on "The Drs" this morning.  He looks great!  I'm so happy for him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always liked him too!

sister

the queen said...

I always understood that he was on a constant course of steriods for his MS, all day every day. Steriods change a person, sexually, mentally, etc. But still, 75% of marriages break up after a diagnosis.

Ah! BNL is on your playlist.

~~Silk said...

Brain cancer changes a person sexually and mentally, too. Love and loyalty don't change.

BNL is there, but none of my favorites were available through the service. I keep checking....