Friday, October 02, 2009

2609 YouTube thinks I'm weird

Friday, October 1, 2009

Scott Adams, in "Dilbert": There's no reason to waste a creative thinker
on an implementation task.

---------------------------------------

I watch clips on YouTube a lot.  I use it like a TIVO, catching TV shows I missed.  I watch cute beastie videos, dance clips, and how-to videos.  Yesterday I watched a subtitled Mongolian movie, "The Story of the Weeping Camel", in nine parts.

You know how when you sign in, YouTube offers a selection of videos "Recommended for You"?

Today's recommendation for me, things that my past viewing history would indicate I would like, is six belly dance videos, and two clips from movies about girls' boarding schools, both of which are scenes of caning.

Huh?

-----------------------------------

Last night I joined the southern Mensa subgroup for dinner at a Thai/Vietnamese restaurant.  There were thirteen at table, some of whom agreed to a photo:


I don't know whose hand that is on my waist.  I hope it's the lady in the blue jacket.  That's my hand on her son's shoulder.  [Later - I peered at the enlarged photo.  It's probably the clasped hands of the guy in the black shirt, just showing through between my waist and arm.  I feel better.]

Tonight I'm going to a Phoenician restaurant in Colonie.  Phoenician?  I hear the beef shawarma "is divine", and the decor is colorful.

1 comment:

the Gypsy said...

I love Shawarma!