Monday, August 24, 2009

2561 Gramma did it right.

Monday, August 24, 2009

A girl has to have a life goal before she starts dating boys,
or boys become the goal.

-------------------------

Gramma was devoted to her shows: "Love of Life", "The Guiding Light", "As the World Turns", "The Edge of Night". All of her friends and family knew not to call her during the time they were on, because she would give you short shrift during a few of them, and flat out would not answer the phone during "Light" and one other, "Night", I think. And that was before answering machines.

I have exactly one show I watch during the daytime - the first half-hour of "The View", which is on at 11 am. How come everybody in the world always calls between 11 am and 11:30? It's uncanny.

My home phone will take a message, and if the caller doesn't leave a message, it will still tell me the calling number, and the name if available. So I don't have to answer. I can call back later. But I always do answer.

I'm not very bright.
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

Everything stopped in my house when "As the World Turns" came on.

I saw the very first episode (and many that followed) of "One Life to Live". The last time I happened upon it, it went from "I'm having Steve's baby" to "Let's start a provisional government." Wha?