Thursday, August 20, 2009

2555 Near Panic in the Schools, and other things

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gandhi: There is enough for everyone's need,
but not enough for everyone's greed.

----------------------

I don't understand why anyone would volunteer for the foul and inexcusable abuse dished out on "Hell's Kitchen".

-------------------------

School's about to start, and it seems that many of them are going a bit overboard with the swine flu craze. Some have washed down the entire building(s) and contents with bleach. Many colleges have done the same, especially with the dorms. (I wonder if they replaced mattresses?) They plan to pass out hand wipes, and at the first sign of illness anywhere, they plan to cancel all gatherings, including athletic events and concerts. (Will the colleges close down the large lecture halls?)

The swine flu may spread easier than the usual seasonal flu, but from what I've read, it is actually less dangerous than seasonal.

So I have to wonder whether all these precautions are to protect students from swine flu, or to protect the school from lawsuits if one student dies. "Well, we did everything we could...."

---------------------------

All day yesterday and today I've had thoughts of crawling into bed. I feel so tired, but I know if I lie down I'll feel worse when I get up. Maybe I'm a little depressed.

---------------------------

Tuesday and Wednesday I rebelled, and ate carrot cake! And pulled pork quesadilla! With cheese! And sour cream! And I ate ice cream! (Sugar free.) And a spelt pecan cookie! And a handful of yogurt-covered raisins! I was very bad. But at least I watched quantity, and spread it out over time. Many small badnesses each day.

I got up this morning and I've lost another pound. I suspect this is NOT what the gypsy meant (in her comment) when she said I had to change something to get past the plateau.

I don't understand.
.

1 comment:

the queen said...

I don't think it's a competition between the seasonal and swine flu as to which kills most. It's that we'll have the seasonal flu AND then the (lesser) swine flu on top of it, so twice the flu cases.