Thursday, June 11, 2009

2433 Gonna try something new

Thursday, June 11, 2009

I collect bits that tickle my mind or my funny bone. If I didn't agree with the sentiment expressed, I at least admired the way it was expressed, and the way it made me mull the topic. (I am amused that some of the very old political comments still apply.)

I'm going to start tucking a favorite into each blog post. Here's a few to start with:

A PostSecret - The “cool kids” in high school were not the ones worth knowing.

G. M. Trevelyan: "Education... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading."

Life is a slowly unfolding tragedy.

DH Lawrence: "The world is supposed to be full of possibilities, but they narrow down to pretty few, in most personal experience. There's lots of good fish in the sea-maybe! But the vast masses seem to be mackerel or herring, and if you're not mackerel or herring yourself, you are inclined to find very few good fish in the sea."

The consumption of alcohol may lead you to think people are laughing WITH you.
.

No comments: