Tuesday, April 28, 2009

2375 Going to the city

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another quick entry. I went in for a fasting blood panel this morning, and they couldn't do it because I'm on antibiotics, so it was rescheduled for next week. (Hello? You prescribed the antibiotics for me!)

Angie called me yesterday. She and three other people have tickets for a Broadway play this evening, and one of the people canceled, so she invited me. I'll be meeting them at the train station in about three hours, and heading into the city for dinner and to see Jane Fonda in "33 Variations".

A "what the hell?" at the doctor's office this morning. (I had already been in, but had stayed in the waiting room for a few minutes to finish a magazine article.) A guy, in maybe his mid thirties, arrived late for his appointment to go over some test results with the doctor. The receptionist said he was 45 minutes late. He insisted he was 25 minutes late. He had not called ahead to tell them he'd be late. He got furious when he was told that he could not be seen - the doctor was already with the next patient, and the next following was already checked in - so he could wait to see if there were any cancellations or he'd have to reschedule.

He took the attitude that yeah, he was late, but he was here now (and he was too important to wait), so he should be seen immediately.

He ended up asking for a copy of the test results to take to "another doctor", and badmouthed the entire practice to the waiting room on his way out the door, declaring that he'd never be back.

By the way, this practice is very good at scheduling. I always arrive at least 10 minutes before my appointment, and have never waited more than 5 minutes. Back when Jay was ill, we were in there like three times a month those first three years. And I know from experience that if the test results required immediate action, that would have already happened.

So, what's his problem? Maybe he's like those folks in the previous post who sue even when they clearly caused the problem. Oh, by the way, Someone in Philadelphia found that post by Googling the tort reform website I linked to, and then the same IP address has been back to visit that post FIVE MORE TIMES already today. Interesting. Yoo hoo - Philadelphia - want to leave a comment? I'd love to know who you are and why you find it so interesting. (Remember to credit me if you quote me.)
.

No comments: