Wednesday, April 22, 2009

2371 Good Will comes back

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Another blogger mentioned having filled out her summer wardrobe at the Salvation Army store.

A weird thing happened to me. There's a store across the river, I forget whether it's Good Will or Salvation Army, but anyway, when I lost some significant weight in 2006, I donated a lot of brand new and almost new stuff to them. The women there told me that clothing donations go to a central facility where they are sorted and cleaned, and then distributed - so the new-with-tags stuff would be losing their tags in the cleaning, and the chances of any of my stuff coming back to this store were nil.

A few weeks later I was looking through the racks, and I found a dress I really liked. The color was perfect. Not only that, it had been hemmed and the sleeves were shortened, and it was exactly the right length for me. So I bought it.

It was only after I got it home that I realized it was a dress I had donated.

It originally had a long sweater vest with it, that, when I was heavy, was concealing. But after I lost the weight the sweater was way too big and unflattering. The two pieces must have got separated. The dress alone fit perfectly.

It's a little ironic that the way it worked out, it cost me $10 to donate the vest.
.

No comments: