Thursday, December 11, 2008

2155 The eBay Necklace Dispute

Thursday, December 11, 2008

This is the necklace I bought; the photo is from the seller's description:


This is what I received, after four week's delay, and stories of being out of state for a family emergency (is she unaware that I can use her feedback to see that during the time she was "away", she was still selling things, mailing things, and other buyers were getting their items?):
(The metal is the same - old silver. She used daylight, I used a flash. It's just that I received a lot less metal than I was sold.) I've asked her to locate and send the other four rings, and if she can't I want to return the necklace for a refund.

So, do I have a right to complain?
.

6 comments:

Becs said...

Oh yeah. This is not what she advertised for sale.

Wondering Woman said...

I don't know -- seems like more than pieces of metal missing. I really like the one on the top, I really hate the one on bottom. Not the same necklace by a long shot. If that had been sent to me I'd be getting my money back pronto.

Anonymous said...

Definitely return it. Not the same necklace as advertised.

Kate said...

I think you could argue the return just based on the color difference alone. From the top picture I expected more of an antique brass than polished silver, and you're right about the beads being missing. Wonder if she had two similar necklaces and didn't think anyone would notice the switch?

~~Silk said...

Actually it IS the same necklace. Her photo was taken in natural light, and mine was with flash. In "life", it does look like the top photo. My complaint is that four of the rings around the beads are missing, and I think that's a significant difference.

Chris said...

Definitely, unless the ad read "btw, I've lost 4 of the 6 metal rings".