Friday, November 14, 2008

2114 My Head Hurts

Friday, November 14, 2008

This post was a comparison of 1957 to 2007. It got posted (by someone else) to a national Mensa discussion group, where, among other things, political topics are banned.

The post was deleted as having violated the ban on politics.

This kicked off some objections. Some people saw it as not so much political, but simply social commentary. That's my opinion, too.

What got my head hurting (probably due to all the eye-rolling) was that about half considered it a commentary on the sad state of society in 2007. The other half saw it as a commentary on the sad state of society in 1957.

----------------------------

Decision made, by the way. I was with The Man last night, Karaoke (he did a terrific job on Prince's "Purple Rain") and dinner, so I missed Survivor. I've decided to watch it on YouTube this evening instead of going out. Maybe all I was looking for was an excuse to stay home. Cold drizzle out there.
.

No comments: