Monday, November 03, 2008

2097 Mac on Vista

Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm starting to get really bugged by the Mac commercials that go on and on about the "problems" with Vista.

I've been on Vista for a bit over 18 months now, and I've had no problems, and have no complaints. None. Zero. Zip. **

I went directly from 98E to Vista, so I don't know what's different from NT. All I know is I'm quite satisfied. Granted, I don't do a lot of fancy stuff, but I'm all over the internet, and Vista has protected me just fine. The one time that I approved a download that I shouldn't have (and Vista warned me not to), and ended up with a supposedly unremovable virus, the backup/restore facility, which was very easy to use, got rid of it in short order.

I suspect that a lot of the "problems" are from people using applications that have not been upgraded to and are incompatible with Vista.

Mac is starting to sound a lot like McCain. If we have nothing to offer beyond history, well, let's just scare the customers away from the competition with vague "problems".

----------------

** Later - Well, actually, I do have one complaint. When you search for a file, the result presents the file to you, but doesn't tell you where it resides. Of course, that could be my problem - I just don't know how to find things, and haven't been concerned enough to find out.
.

No comments: