Thursday, October 09, 2008

2060 Double Gotcha

Thursday, October 8, 2008

My October 2nd post, 2050 Gotcha, described my annoyance with the local Mensa group's letting the nominations process slide to where there would probably not be an election again this year. If they get five candidates, they just declare them elected and dispense with that troublesome ballot business.

I pulled another Gotcha! They had five candidates. At dinner Tuesday night, I scrounged up another. With six candidates, there has to be an election!

So now everybody is in a panic because the candidates' statements and ballot have to be in the November issue of the newsletter, and the deadline for submissions is next week.

I'm giggling.

One of the five candidates is Roman, and I know he doesn't want to be on the Board, so I suspect that if he hears we have five others, he'll drop out. So help me God, if he does, I'll have to kill him.
.

No comments: