Sunday, August 31, 2008

1986 Things I Learned Shopping Today - 2

Sunday, August 31, 2008

I needed printer paper. Office Max often has paper on sale in quantity, like 6 500-sheet packages for $20 or less, so after the craft fair I headed for Office Max. There was an unusual amount of traffic, and I somehow ended up in the wrong lane, and found myself making the turn for Wal-Mart. I shrugged and decided to see if they had paper, and maybe another like the flattering $10 cotton blouse I'd bought in Baltimore a few weeks ago.

Big mistake.

The place looked like a cyclone had hit.

I forgot about back-to-school shopping.

I did some back-to-school shopping way back when, but I never threw things on the floor when I decided against them. I folded stuff and put it back on the shelf exactly where I'd found it, or put it back on the hanger and on the rack. The right rack. In the right spot. I suspect Daughter did, too.

Our local W-M is usually pretty neat (in contrast to the usual shoppers), so it's easy to find one's size. Today the shelves were mound on mound of wadded-up clothes, and most of it nowhere near its mates. There was even female clothing on shelves and hangers in the men's section.

It looked like people had carried things around looking for other stuff to match, and if they were unsuccessful, they just dropped them wherever they happened to be standing at the moment.

I found where the blouses I liked should have been, there were a few there, but they were also scattered all over everywhere else, too. I have no idea if there was one in my size. I gave up looking after sorting through a few heaps on the floor.

I did get paper.
.

3 comments:

Becs said...

The Target on my way home from work is always a disaster zone. This is unusual for a Target, I think. Once I walked in and was stunned. I said to one of the employees, "Is this store closing?" Shelves were empty in the food aisles. Lamp shades had been discarded in the office supplies section. Weird. Creepy. I got out of there fast.

Chris said...

Ha, we have been back to school so long that next week, Trevor gets his 4 1/2 week progress report.

I tried to buy a lap top the week after "back to school" and they hardly had any that I wanted in stock.

Unknown said...

haha! this is the fourth week of school for us... i guess they do things a little different up there! back to school shopping is always miserable, i hate trying to stock up for my classroom!