Friday, February 22, 2008

1704 Weather Pixie

Friday, February 22, 2008

I have a little weather pixie over there on the right, just above Dilbert. She's dressed for the weather, and right now is standing in a snowstorm - just like me. She shows the current temperature, humidity, pressure, wind direction and speed, and the time that she was last updated.

Well, she claims to be dressed for the weather, but if she were my daughter, she wouldn't be leaving the house in that skimpy little jacket....

------------------------------

I've been getting a lot of semi-spam email from merchants with whom I have done business. They all contain the "to unsubscribe" link, and so one by one I've been unsubscribing.

What gets me is that they all, on the unsubscribe screen, say that it will take up to 10 days to get my email address off their lists. And they seem to mean it. I removed myself from a particular sewing supplies list a good ten days ago, and I'm still getting every-other-day emails from them.

Bull poopy!

It's not like they have ten days worth of already-addressed envelopes lined up in a mail room somewhere. Come on! When they are about to send their advertising emails, the address list is used then, on the fly. It's "real-time". So search for my email address in your lists, remove it, and it's immediate. What's with this ten-day crap?
.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I know. What I like to do is to do a little research, since those always say, "do not reply" and get a valid email address of someone at that company (customer service, tech support, whatever) and forward each piece of semi spam to them:)

Kate said...

Currently your weather pixie says it's 15F, but she's standing under a bright sun with a light coat, jeans, and no glove or hat. Maybe she can't feel her hands anymore for all the frostbite...