Wednesday, January 16, 2008

1642 The Market Is/Isn't There?

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I met with Piper this morning to go over the investments. He thinks the market will rebound, that there will not be a true recession, and that now is the time to increase the proportion of equities in my portfolio. I hope to Hell he's right. We're going 60-40.

Then this afternoon, I heard the price of crude had dropped. Interesting.

-------------------------------

After losing 40 pounds (at 4'10", that's a lot) and replacing almost my entire wardrobe, I've got a lot of unwearable clothes in size PM, PL and size P12 and P14 that are almost new (some actually still have tags). I'm now into size PS and P6 or P8 (P10 in jeans).

I buy the majority of my clothes from one particular store. Their stuff is frankly overpriced, but I never pay more than 50% retail for anything, anyway, especially now that they consider me a special customer and keep sending me special offers and coupons, and I'm hitting 70% or more off. I got a great idea this evening - maybe I can sell the old stuff on eBay! Even better, maybe somebody gained some weight, and has some small stuff I can pick up cheap.

So I went to eBay, and ran a search for that label. I got 4,020 hits. I looked through the first three pages - and almost every item out there was XL, 1X, 2X, 3X, 16, 18, and up! I think I saw two Mediums. No smaller sizes. Nothing for me to buy.

On the good side, bidding is brisk, and a lot of the stuff is actually selling for more than I had paid for the same items (in a smaller size)!

What does this mean? Does it mean there'd be a healthy market for my old sizes? Or none at all? Is it only large people who wear this label?

I think it's weird.

Maybe I should ask Piper.
.

No comments: