Thursday, January 10, 2008

1635 Four pounds!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Lots to do today - some major grocery shopping, clean out the car, etc. I'm taking the weekend off to laze a bit and watch some movies, and do some cooking for a real live man - something I have carefully and successfully avoided (not the man part, the cooking part) for years now.

Late last week I bought two lunches from the chinese take-out, and except for a sandwich on the drive on Sunday and a buffet at D's mother's house on Monday, that's all I've been nibbling on for the past week. And yet, I've gained four pounds!

I don't understand.

Those four pounds are just enough that I can't zip my sexy new leather jacket. With the unseasonable warmth we've had lately, I was looking forward to wearing that (sexy, new, butter-soft, black, silk-lined, stand-up collar, still smells of leather) jacket this weekend. I'm very annoyed.

And you can imagine how sexy it is when four pounds makes a difference!
.

1 comment:

Christine Dempsey said...

When you don't give your metabolism enough fuel, it goes into starvation mode and anything you put into your body gets stored as fat. The less fuel in your body, the slower your metabolism runs. There's less fuel to keep it running and you burn less fat and energy.

So, not eating can actually make you gain weight. And eating more often - like 5-6 smaller meals a day (of course, healthy food) - can keep your metabolism running constantly and help you lose weight.