Saturday, October 06, 2007

1498 Kitty Update

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Jasper is still growing. He's the first lap cat I've had in a lifetime of cats, and he's getting too big for my lap!

Miss Thunderfoot is still snarling, but she knows attacking makes me unhappy, so there's a little less of that. Yesterday, I was sitting on the side of the bed with Thunder asleep beside me, when Jasper jumped up onto the bed. Thunder woke and hissed, but I turned her around so she wasn't facing him, and petted her until she calmed down and went back to sleep. Jasper had enough sense to stay on the other side of the bed.

Until....

For all of her ten years, Thunder has had a whippy tail. Doesn't matter whether she's happy or angry, interested or asleep, her tail flicks constantly. So there the two cats are on the bed, Thunder asleep and no longer snarling, Jasper stretching out and exploring the possibilities of a bed, and then he saw the flicking tail, and couldn't resist.

Idiot cat.

If I hadn't moved fast and grabbed Thunder around the hips as she lunged, Jasper'd be sporting one fewer ears today.
.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Good to see you still have your "cat like reflexes", LOL.

Anonymous said...

oh, MEOW, MEOW. glad ur cats have there tails..i step on pumpkins and it stopped growing..lol roberta