Friday, October 05, 2007

1496 Hot

Friday, October 5, 2007

It's well into October, and it's 85 degrees out there. Weird. I switched from A/C to heat several weeks ago (a major pain), and I've been suffering. I know that if I switch back, it'll get cold immediately.

-------------------------------------

Another kind of heat wave has passed through. A friend has expressed surprise that at my age and experience level, I am completely unfamiliar with sexy lingerie. I don't own any. All I have is functional and utilitarian underwear.

I'm wondering if it could be interesting. So I've been wandering around Victoria's Secret and Frederick's online shopping sites, and I'm very confused. (Also a bit embarrassed. I really can't imagine ME in any of that stuff!)

Where's the line between slutty and sexy? Is there one? A friend says no, not in the bedroom. If you wear it outside, then you get slutty, but in private, nothing is slutty. I also can't figure out when one would wear it. So she educated me. Hmmmm. Doesn't sound like you'd get anything else done of an evening....

That led me to wondering why it never entered my mind or experience before.

Ex#1 spent most of our marriage in Germany, in the army, and when he finally got out, I wasn't interested in encouraging him. Ex#2 wasn't interested period, and would have been annoyed at any expression of interest on my part. Jay thought the sexiest thing was panties and a tight white T-shirt, and that was my usual sleeping attire, so he was happy as a pig in mud. On other fronts (and there were many in my twenties and early thirties) men were happy just to finally get me out of my clothes.

A lot of men I've "known" best, would quite frankly have been turned off by many of the things I've seen on Frederick's. Sort of an "Eeek! What the heck is that!" reaction.

So, I'm gathering opinions. Suggestions, please, as to what works and when, and how. Male and female, please. Anonymous, if you like. I'm really at sea here. Maybe even leave links to suggestions. (BTW - thongs are out. I find them irritating, painful, and extremely annoying, no matter what size I've tried.)

Thanks.

(P.S. I bought this, in black, 'cause I sorta liked it, and some "c-less" panties ('cause they were on sale), and a merry widow ('cause that I can use anyway), so I'm sorta on my way. Tip-toeing lightly.)
.

4 comments:

Christine Dempsey said...

You know, my husband thinks lingerie looks best flying across the room. What's the point? It's going to come off anyway.

But that's just me. I'm a black underwear and bra person. That's it. Nothing special. So, I don't actually have any suggestions for you. Only a non-suggestion. Nothing works just as well as something.

No need to be anonymous. I don't care who knows I only wear black underwear.

Becs said...

Strangely, I've found the best place for sexy nighties to be (of all places) Wal-Mart.

However - the BEST place in the world for stunningly beautiful nightwear is (quelle surprise!) in Paris at a place called Darjeeling. What I like about French lingerie is that it's made for a woman with, er, a smaller bustline.

Chris said...

I think the sexiest lingerie is what a woman feels sexy in. I have had girlfriends put on something that would look hot but because they were obviously uncomfortable or awkward feeling in it, it was a turn off.

Likewise, sometimes Alexis looks the hottest to me when she's wearing cotton shorts and top ready for bed. But she can also pull off outfits that would make many a stripper blush. It's just that she is comfortable with her sexuality.

So my advice to any woman is go what feels comfortable to you and what makes YOU feel sexy. You can't go wrong there.

~~Silk said...

Hmmm. Good point, Chris. Much of what I've seen online would make me feel awkward. So I thought a bit - what have I ever worn that made me feel sexy?

There isn't any clothing that does that. The only thing on my body that excites ME is a man's eyes and hands, no matter what I'm wearing.