Wednesday, September 26, 2007

1484 Transfer at the Museum

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The new guy and I got together at the museum today, and I showed him how to process the membership dues payments. Four hours.

We didn't finish all the September checks, but he has a good grasp of what he's doing and will be able to finish them on his own before we get together again next Monday.

On Monday things will get more complicated. We'll be printing address labels and membership cards and putting together mailing packets.

----------------------

My distance friend is planning to leave work a bit early tomorrow so we'll have a good portion of the late afternoon and early evening together, meeting halfway. That's nice. I am hungry for time with him. We've been dating for six months now, but it's been so spread out over time it's more like only two months.

----------------------

My DVD player/recorder is ignoring me. For a while, it refused to respond to the ON/OFF button on either the remote or the console itself. Roman suggested that I unplug it, and it might reset when I plugged it back in, so I did. Now it recognizes the ON/OFF, but nothing else. It won't display the menu, and it seems to think it has a 2-hour recording session pending (but it doesn't). I am angry and frustrated.

Naturally, the 183,674-page instruction book doesn't address this.
.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Isn't delegating work a beautiful thing?

Chris said...

Think the 183,674 page instruction manual wasn't helpful? Try their "intuitive knowledge base" on their website. You know the kind where you search the phrase "power button nonresponsive" and it brings back 4,617 results, none of which have the words "power button nonresponsive" in them.

~~Silk said...

I had to laugh at that one, Chris. Online help is miserable (AOL especially). I've seen that very scenario so many times.