Tuesday, September 25, 2007

1483 Sore Throat

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The hot spots started in the back of my throat last night. A little sinus snuffling, but no other symptoms.

Big date Thursday, and museum stuff to do tomorrow and Friday. I can't get sick!

I've been gargling Listerine (and oh, wow, it burns!) I need some of those little red cinnamon candies - red hots? Cinnamon kills germs and fungi. This is probably a virus, but at least the cinnamon will help to stave off a secondary infection.

A friend's car has popped its radiator, so while he's waiting for the part to arrive, I've lent him my minivan. The "check engine" light is on again, but the only thing that's acting up is the cruise control. I drove it to his house this afternoon, then he drove me back home, with dinner on the way.

I just wish he didn't honk the horn so much. I am of the opinion that horns are for avoiding accidents. He seems to think it's for registering annoyance. What gets me is that if he and the other driver were on foot, and exactly the same things happened, he'd never snap at the other person. It annoys me that he finds the car a wrap of anonymity or power or something. This is one of the character flaws that keeps me at a distance.
.

No comments: