Thursday, July 19, 2007

1385 Musical Taste

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Looking at my CD collection, it appears that my tastes run to folk, bluegrass, classical, and gentle oldies. I have very little true rock (beyond the Stones and Jimi), especially nothing from the past two decades. That's partly because if what I hear from the "musical guests" on late night TV talk shows is at all representative, there's no MUSIC there. It's all noise and no talent.

On the other hand, Daughter accuses me of being a nascent Deadhead, because every time I've heard anything from the Grateful Dead, I've said "Oooo, I like that." I'm definitely a fan of Mickey Hart.

I've avoided Black Sabbath just because of their name I suppose, even though several people have told me I'd like them. Then I found this: [Video. If you're coming in on a feed and don't see it, click on the post title.]

Ok, yeah, there's talent there. They're not for sitting listening, though. I have to be up and moving for them.

I guess the old dog can still learn new tricks.

[Oops - just noticed the DATE! Still nothing from the past few decades....]
.

No comments: