Thursday, March 29, 2007

1189 Bits

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Dinner last night with Mensa - Roman, Marmot, Angie, and me, the Chinese restaurant in Rhinecliff.

Piper had said that he'd call me and leave a message as to how his lady's surgery went, and he didn't. Didn't call today, either. I don't know what to think of that. Because I don't know what to think, I didn't call him, but I might tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------
Not having cable, I am blessed with soap operas, grungy-sensational talk shows, and "judge shows" all afternoon. You see why the TV is on only to mark passage of time.

The up-from-the-ghetto male judge seems to deal in lots of auto accidents and unpaid rent. The pretty Cuban lady judge likes contract cases (marginally more interesting than most) and cases involving animals, and the delicate Black lady judge has a lot of paternity cases. Those are the ones that really jerk my chain.

The woman has dragged the man into court to force him to acknowledge his child. It's treated as if the guy now has an opportunity to "prove" the baby can't be his because the woman is such a tramp, and we are treated to fifteen minutes of him smearing her. It's going to end up with a DNA test - we all know that. He doesn't need to open his mouth. The public smear is not necessary. Disgusting.

I guess that's the "pop smear test"?

I may have to get cable.

--------------------------------------------

If I get cable, I can get off this miserable dial-up connection. Today it dropped every three minutes. I have it set up to automatically redial, and believe it or not, today about 1 out of 5 redials produced the "all circuits are busy" message. Another 1 in 5 got a busy signal.

My main email account is on AOL, and AOL doesn't wait patiently when the line drops like all the other ISPs. Instead, AOL shuts itself down! It's been difficult to check my email today. I start AOL, sign in, open the mail, click on an email, the line drops, and I have to start all over. Repeat from "I start AOL...".

.

No comments: