Monday, February 26, 2007

1137 Turkeys

Monday, February 26, 2007

We got four or five inches of snow overnight, and I was awakened early this morning by the turkeys. There are twenty or thirty wild turkeys in my front and side yard, and they've been there all morning. They are huge, footprints are almost as long as mine, and they are loud!

I think they may be eating the pits from the wild cherry trees in the side yard. Those pits are dangerous on the driveway - they're like ball bearings. By September it's easy to slide down the driveway on them. But I don't think there's many left by now.

I'll be going out to clear the snow in a few minutes, and that'll probably chase them away. As soon as I can get out, I think I'll go to the village and buy some cracked corn for them, spread it on the cleared driveway. I don't like hearing them at 7 am, but I like watching them, and I'm glad they're doing so well.

.

No comments: