Monday, November 06, 2006

963 Frontloader Backhoe Fun

Monday, November 6, 2006

I had some fun this afternoon. The Hairless Hunk was outside with his favorite toy, a huge beast with a frontloader on the front and a backhoe on the back, using the backhoe (looks a lot like a steamshovel) to dig up rocks and roots and stumps in the cleared woods.

We were talking, and he asked me if I'd like to learn how to use it. I said yeah, of course.

So now I know how to put it in gear and drive it, switch the seat to the other direction, put the stabilizers and front bucket down to raise the wheels off the ground and lock it in place, raise and lower and aim the arm with the backhoe bucket, scoop under the rock or root and pull it out, and everything! By my sixth rock, I was using both hands on the arm/bucket controls and swinging that thing all over the place, with some semblance of precision.

HH took some pictures of me pulling some roots. I'll post them sometime soon.

I took some pictures of him, too, but unfortunately he's wearing a shirt. You won't get the full effect. Sorry....

1 comment:

Kate said...

That's much more girl power than changing your own tires!