Thursday, May 11, 2006

684 Thursday

Thursday, May 11, 2006

I had a good time at Trivia last night. It was just Tom and me, but we had a very respectable showing nonetheless. My biggest problem in the past has been that I'm not fast enough on the buttons as the points tick down. I sit there with five fingers poised, touching the five buttons representing the five possible answers, and I still can't pick the right answer number and press it before anyone else.

I think I've found the solution. With just Tom and me, there wasn't that feeling of intense competition, so I ordered FOOD! Finger food. Spicy chicken wings, with celery and bleu cheese dip. And other stuff. They got ooooowoooo good stuff there. Which meant that when a question flashed, I had to real quick suck on my finger then push the button. For some crazy reason it was faster! Maybe because I was using just my index finger, so didn't have to choose an answer AND choose the proper finger. I got lots of 1000 pointers, and actually beat or tied Tom on half the games. And Tom's good!

As you will have gathered by now, Fishkill didn't show. I'm not surprised. I got an email from him this morning apologizing for standing me up, saying that after the dance lessons he was tired, and he decided to go to bed early. No suggestion for another time. I have not responded. There's something going on in his head that I choose not to get entangled in. Let him sort it out and decide what he's going to do or not do. I really don't care (so far he's failing to impress me), but I'm not going to let him know that. Let him think I'm angry.

On the other hand, I wore a blouse last night just for Fishkill that made it difficult for Tom to look me in the eye (yeah, Tom, I caught you looking), and now I have to wash the damn thing. What a waste of a wearing. THAT ticks me off.

No comments: