Thursday, May 11, 2006

683 Favorite Reads

Thursday, May 11, 2006

There are a lot of sites that I read regularly. I decided today to list most of them, over there on the right, under "Links". (If y'all find yourself linked and don't want to be, comment, and I'll remove it immediately (and I won't publish the comment)).

I wasn't able to list all of my favorites because some are private journals, like those from Russ, Remo, The Gypsy, and a few others. I'd love to link the-leading-candidate-for-son-in-law's website, and Daughter's business page, but it would be dangerous - Daughter would kill me.

Some sites I have chosen for the news. Some for the beauty of the writing. Some for the giggles, and some for the insights. Just because a site is listed doesn't mean it's wonderful (although most are). Some are there because reading them, I can't help thinking "This person is going to implode any minute!", so, like watching a car race and waiting for the flaming crash, I'm afraid to look away.

All of them are rounder and deeper than mine. I'm not writing for readers. However, some of my very favorites aren't writing for readers, either, and they are still so very interesting and thought-provoking. I'd love to point you directly to the best one, but I'm not sure she really wants to be noticed.

Too much notice can make one self-conscious.

If you skim through some of the links, you'll see where my mind is a lot of the time. Reading my journal, it's easy to get the impression that I spend a lot of time on a mental highway, looking neither left nor right, fussing over trivia like whether my feet are too cold or too hot. This journal is only a diary, for me to look back and see where I was and what I was doing. In reality, I AM looking left and right off the highway, and I do see the scenery, the sights, the sites, and I think about things I read. I just don't write about it here.

Welcome to the rest of my world.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Thanks for the link! It's always interesting to see what everyone else is reading... not to mention a good way to find interesting blogs.