Tuesday, January 17, 2006

#530 AOL Is Fixed, I Guess....

He called this morning, late morning. The surgery had been delayed until afternoon Monday, and she is in the ICU, progressing, but they don't know how long she'll be there. (I had pretty much the same surgery a few years ago, and the very same afternoon I was trotting around the halls. So ICU is not good, but, she's progressing, they say.)

It was not a good conversation. I don't know why. But it helped to firm my resolve. For example, I offered to send flowers. He said not to. Why not, I asked. Because his mother doesn't know me and he doesn't want to have to explain me. Ouch! Did I just get put in my place? Wham! Why not just slap me. (Will his mother not believe he has a few good friends?)

He told me to go to the AOL website, and I should be able to download the code. I did that. The estimate was six hours, but it took only two, and now I've got everything back. I've done that before, but about every other time I've downloaded AOL, they lost all my old mail folders. I was worried about that, but had no choice. I don't seem to have lost anything this time.

So, back on an even keel.

I talked with the Hairless Hunk today, and we're going to burn the brush pile as soon as there's no precipitation for a day or two.

Tonight we're getting hail, sleet, and freezing rain. Roman is supposed to drive back from LI tonight, he has to teach a class tomorrow morning and then return to LI, so I hope to hell the other woman has the sense to call him and warn him about the weather. In the hospital all afternoon, he may not know. Me, I don't have any phone numbers. We wouldn't want to have to explain my calls, I guess. I was surprised when I asked his mother's first name and the hospital she was in, and he actually told me. He confuses me.

To tell the truth, I DO have his parents' home number. He used my cell phone to call them from class a few times in November when his father was ill, and I just found out today, while trying to pay the cell phone bill online, that in my account I can look at all the numbers for all the calls on my phone for the past six months. But since he has been so careful NOT to give the number to me, I'll be damned if I'll use it. Buck you, Fuddy!

No comments: