Sunday, July 12, 2015

4069 Bloody attack by a dragon!

Sunday, July 12, 2015

"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; 
it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
--Sidney J. Harris--

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I am trying to be very careful about caring for my 1.5 kidneys, drinking lots of water, watching carbs and protein, and avoiding excesses of minerals.

This morning, as usual, when I got up I went straight to the bathroom to piddle.

I was horrified to find the toilet full of blood!  Scared me half to death!

Then I remembered that the evening before I had eaten a half a dragon fruit, the red kind.  I went straight downstairs and looked it up on the internet.  Yeah, it's known to color your urine.

So, maybe the red was a good thing.  Maybe it shows my kidneys are doing their job.



--------------------------------------------

That was my first dragon fruit.  I'd heard people rave about them.  I dunno, maybe I got a stale one or something, 'cause it didn't taste like anything, very blah.  Less flavorful even than watermelon.  I ate only half because they have a lot of calcium and potassium, which I need to be careful of, so the other half is still sitting in the refrigerator.  

Ever try dragon fruit?  Did I get a flavorless one?  Or is this blahness a usual taste reaction? 
.

4 comments:

the queen said...

Never Even heard of it! I wish we had such things in the Midwest.

~~Silk said...

I'd never seen one IRL until Daughter took me to a fancy Italian market a few days ago. I had to look them up to figure out how to eat it. Apparently they ship well, so there's no reason they shouldn't be somewhere near you. Kinds like Kiwi fruit, I think, just take a while to catch on and then they'll be everywhere.

Anonymous said...

I went and bought one, which was not red on the inside but whiteish, as they apparently come in different colors. I have to say that it was bland and barely had more taste than does tap water.

It was at Kroger's which is a common variety grocery store here.

~~Silk said...

Yeah, tap water! You nailed it. So I guess mine was pretty much standard. I'm glad yours was the white, so that means both red and white are bland. I understand there's a variety with yellow skin that's supposed to be "sweeter", though that's not a very high target to reach for....