Saturday, February 21, 2015

4014 Bacon

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Arthur Schopenhauer: "Every person takes the limits of their own field of vision for the limits of the world."

--------------------------------

l got 1.5 lbs. of bacon with my last Peapod order.  I divided it into 6 portions, froze them on a tray, put the frozen portions in a ziplock bag and into the freezer.  (I do that with ground beef, too.)

This evening I cooked up one portion, one quarter pound, intending half of it on this evening's salad and the other half for tomorrow's breakfast.

I ate it all.  Before I'd even made the salad.

I'd never tasted bacon that good! (Or maybe I was just especially hungry for bacon.) It had exactly the right mix of sweet and salty.

I had thrown the wrapper away when I had divided it, and was disappointed that I might never find it again --- and then I found the Peapod printout.

In case I discard the Peapod printout, I'm immortalizing it here, where I can always find it again:
Oscar Mayer bacon butcher thick cut Applewood smoked  24 oz pkg  $7.99

If you know something awful about it, don't tell me.  I don't eat bacon more than once month anyway, so short of it containing kittens, I don't care.
.

No comments: