Friday, July 18, 2014

3962 Another new toy

Friday, July 18, 2014

My floors always look filthy, because I hate vacuuming.  Mainly because when I bought vacuums for this house (one upstairs, one down) the only bagless vacuums I could find at a reasonable price with good reviews were uprights. That's all they had in stores --- uprights.  No canisters anywhere.   I'd never owned an upright before, and I quickly learned I passionately hate them.

You can't get under stuff.

You can't see what it's about to suck up.

Using the attachments is awkward.  I've toppled the upright a few times.

You can't reach the ceiling/wall seam to get cobwebs.

The damn things are HEAVY and difficult to maneuver.  They maneuver like a rotary push mower on a deep lawn (remember those?).

Because I'm so short, the angle is steep and the entire weight of them hangs off my arm.  This is my biggest complaint.

I hate them.  A nice little canister sits in the middle of the room bothering nobody but the cat, while you clean all around it.  I flat out don't understand why anyone likes uprights.

So, I went online shopping, and I found the BISSELL Zing Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner at Lowes.  I have all bare floors and short nap oriental rugs, so I don't need a beater bar, just good strong suction.  This little thing weighs only a few pounds, I can carry it up while I'm doing the stairs, and the suction is enough to cause panic if you touch the wrong thing.  So far I LOVE it!  It has absolutely nothing I don't need and everything I do need.

Best of all, it's only $49.99.  (Actually, it was on sale when I bought it, so it was less than $40, I think.)

No, I'm not getting paid for this praise.  In fact, I'm hoping Lowes won't mind my use of their photo.
.

No comments: