Thursday, June 21, 2012

3553 Playing tourist

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Many men don't really want to hear what a woman has to say. They say they do,
but they don't, and they telegraph that. They end up teaching their women
not to say anything important, and then complain because they never say anything important. 
 -- Me --

----------------------------------------------------------------

The green has nothing to do with this post.  Well, very little.

I intended to go to the country house this week, leaving Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning.  But Tuesday morning The Man asked what my plans were for the week.  He was going to be in NJ on business somewhere toward the end of the week and wanted to set up the schedule so he could visit when I was free.  Naturally I got all excited, and said that my time was flexible, and when could he be here?

Tuesday afternoon, I got the temperature alert for the country house - 98 degrees Wednesday and Thursday.  The a/c is dead there, that's one of those things on the "to fix" list, so my time suddenly became even more flexible.  It would be well over 100 in that house. 

By early afternoon Tuesday, The Man's schedule had changed, too.  No NJ.  He was going to be in Washington, DC, for two days.

So, long story short, I'm in (well, near) DC.  Arrived yesterday, leaving tomorrow.  He's working during the day, but we have the evenings and mornings.

No comments: