Sunday, June 10, 2012

3544 Noises

Sunday, June 10, 2012

"Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace"
~Dalai Lama~

------------------------------------------------------

There's still that sound coming from somewhere across the street.  Like high-pitched tree frogs with a mechanical undertone.  It drives me crazy.   Daughter and Hercules can hear it on my porch and in my front rooms.  They don't hear it in their house.  Nobody knows where it's coming from.  It's random, several hours a day, sometimes early, sometimes late.  A compressor?  A pump?  The source seems to be impossible to pinpoint.

I mentioned that the people directly across the street got a dog, Christmas of 2010, one of those tiny silky dogs that people like to put topknot bows on.  The girl there walked it a little at first, but quickly lost interest.  The man comes home from work and sometimes I hear him yell, "Put her in her cage!'  I think the poor little thing spends most of her life in a cage.  Two or three times a day they put her out the front door on a chain, and then seem to forget her.  She quickly does her duty, and then sits in front of the door and whines for half an hour, 45 minutes, yesterday afternoon it was an hour.

You know, I could stand a little barking, but that high-pitched "YEE yee yee, YEE yee yee, YEE yee yee" (keep saying that for a half hour) is driving me crazy.  How can they not hear her and let her in?

I miss the silence of the country house.  
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

Poor pup, being left out all alone like that.

I don't live far from I-287 and when I go outside in the early morning, I can already hear the thrum of the traffic.

Sometimes, you just have to get away.