Sunday, March 25, 2012

3494 Taxes

Sunday, March 25, 2012

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

--------------------------------------------

Well, I've finally pulled my tax documents together. It took about six times as long as I thought it would.

I was missing two 1099-DIVs, but I was able to recreate the dividends paid from online info at Google financial. I never got the promised statement of total real estate taxes paid for the NJ house, and I couldn't figure it out because my checks included their screw-ups from 2010, so I had to go to the township tax office and get a statement.

It's shocking. Fully 26% of my disposable income went to real estate taxes on the two houses. Add in what I'd paid in estimated income taxes, and it's over a third that I'd paid on one tax or another. That doesn't include sales taxes, or what I still might owe on income tax (I usually owe more, never get a refund).

Sheesh.
.

No comments: