Monday, February 14, 2011

3164 Hair rebellion report

Monday, February 14, 2011

"95% of science fiction is crap. Come to think of it, 95% of *everything* is crap."
-- Theodore Sturgeon --

---------------------------------------------

One month and one day (4.5 weeks) into the great hair rebellion, and I think I may have to retreat, maybe just temporarily. My cut is not good. I think when it grows out a little and I can get a good cut I'll try again. The problem is that my hair is getting stronger and more ... defiant. The natural wave and curl is more definite. It lifts a lot. Most mornings I'm channeling Rod Stewart, and when I try to get it to lie down a little, the bad layering and uneveness is obvious. The shorter patches curl up more than the longer patches in what can only be described as chunks, and the hair doesn't want to blend, if you know what I mean.

Shampoo will soften it a bit, encourage it to blend.

I'd been bleaching the crown and front, because there were darker spots, and I haven't colored it in about ten weeks because now that it's short, it's a good time to find out what it really looks like. So there's an inch and a half of strong healthy unprocessed roots, and that's where all the lift is coming from. It'll behave differently when all the bleached part is cut off. That might be scary. It might go into electric socket mode. Bzzzzzzzzt! But even that could look good if it's well cut.

It should be ready for reshaping in about three weeks, so I've got that long to find a good salon (and I don't have the faintest idea how. I haven't seen a single woman down here that has anything near the style I'd like, cut the way I'd like, so there's no one to ask. In fact, I could start by asking everyone where they get their hair cut, then quietly cross those salons off the list).
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

Would you be interested in Herschel's number? It's a drive, but I like him.