Sunday, January 30, 2011

3245 Tiny Ant

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I was depressed last night so I called Lifeline.
Got a call center in Pakistan, and told them I was suicidal.
They got all excited and asked if I could fly a plane.

--------------------------------------

I said the ants were tiny. This is the tip of my index finger, flattened on the scanner plate. That's a tiny ant flattened on the tip of my finger. The squished end of my finger is 5/8" across. That's a tiny ant!

-------------------------------------

Later: They're Pharaoh ants (sometimes misspelled Farrow ants), and the little ant bait traps you put on the floor seem to be working.
.

4 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

Yep, those were the kind we had too...many, many of them! Occasionally we'll get them when the ground thaws, or in the summer time I know bad weather is coming because I'll see some in the house.

Anonymous said...

Pharaoh ants are one of the most difficult to control. Baits work best. Here at www.pestcontrolcharlotte.net Envirosafe Termite & Pest we deal with them in hospitals. The are known for feeding on the wounds of burn victims.

~~Silk said...

Yeouch! Talk about adding insult to injury!

Envirosafe Pest Control Orlando said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.