Saturday, January 01, 2011

3217 Spree

Saturday, January 1, 2011

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

--------------------------------------------------

I don't need any more clothes. But, uh, it's damp windy cold here. I need some warmer pants. I had a warm pair I'd bought from my favorite online store, and I had two $20 gift certificates the store had sent as a reward for past purchases, so I decided to go see if they had any more of those warm slacks in the outlet. $40 would get me possibly two pair. (Their list prices are ridiculous, so I never buy anything except from the outlet, where items might be 70% off - in fact since I wear a petite small, I'll often wait until that's all that's left and the price is at rock bottom, but they don't seem to notice and consider me one of their best customers, and send me reward coupons. Fools.)

Surprise! Today they were taking 50% off everything! Whoop!

The slacks I wanted were in XL only, phooey, but I bought a different pair of slacks, a pair of stretch jeans, a sweater, and a jacket, original total list price over $210, total in the outlet $80, then 50% off for a $40 total. With my $40 in gift coupons, I ended up paying the $10 shipping only.

I didn't need any of it, but with that deal, how could I not?

--------------------------------

This is from Radiolab and NPR, a beautiful exploration of the varied meanings of common words:

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0HfwkArpvU]
.

6 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

Bravo on the shopping! I agree, that deal can't be passed up! btw, have you tried leaving any comments yet or do I still need to adjust my settings?

~~Silk said...

Yes, I've tried several times - right after you said you'd changed the settings, and then once a day since, and no go. I tried all the different choices of profile id.

I've never seen the setup you have on any other Blogspot.com blog.

~~Silk said...

Anybody reading this comment, please click on BaNG's id above, select her blog from her profile, don't worry about the content warning - it's ok - click go, then try to leave a comment. Let us know what happens with a comment here, ok?

Thanks in advance for your help.

BaNG - my measurements are 40-30-37, 4'10" tall, and I wear a ColdwaterCreek size small, 6-8 (6 on the top, 8 on the bottom). Go figure.

~~Silk said...

BaNG - I tried again since your latest change. Still no go. Are you using OpenID? It looks like that's what it wants. I don't trust OpenID, don't use it. Let's ask RockyCat if that's what she's using, since she seems to be able to comment. I notice you also have a "members" login over there on your right. Are members having any difficulty commenting?

Badass Nature Girl said...

Gosh darn! No, I went from only something-or-other-registered-blah, blah,blahs to anyone could leave a comment (including anonymous users) to google account users. The only other option is the one with OpenID. Those four followers have never commented on my posts, and have never said they couldn't. They have said they read them though, so it sounded like they just didn't *want* to comment. I'm baffled, but it's probably something super simple, lol. I'll keep trying to figure it out!

Badass Nature Girl said...

Okay, I hit the help button and there's a few things that could be causing it....I could click on "pop-up window" in the comment section instead of using the embedded comment box -or- go to edit html "revert widget templates to default". I have no idea what that means. Some people have even said it's their kind of computer that keeps them from being able to comment. Sheesh. What a pain!