Wednesday, December 15, 2010

3199 Bill shock

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

“Christians don’t conform their values and actions to the example of Christ.
They merely use the name of Christ as cover for their prior commitments,
which are locally and historically determined.”
-- Stephen, of [A]mazed and [Be]mused --
(http://itsmypulp.wordpress.com/2008/05/10/whose-christianity/)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the first full month's natural gas bill yesterday. I opened it, assumed the fetal position in a corner, and quivered.

Then I realized that the heat is natural gas, and the hot water, and the stove, and the clothes dryer. So maybe when I add together the electric bill and the gas, it won't be so bad. Maybe it will be comparable to the old house's electricity plus fuel oil. I hope. Plus I had been using the dryer heavily - all those blankets, pillows, everything coming from the old house.

I would not have chosen gas for everything. Gas scares me. I'm not used to it. And the fracking thing bothers me. Not that fuel oil is much better environmentally speaking, but at least it doesn't blow up the neighborhood or kill you in your sleep.
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

Yikes. I'm sorry. It'll take a year before you can get on the budget plan if you have PSE&G. As soon as you can, do!

PS - And as for traffic Sat. night, get Trevor to introduce you to Route 18.