Saturday, October 16, 2010

3129 Woman of La Mancha

Saturday, October 16, 2010

"The man who lets himself be bored is even more contemptible than the bore."
-- Samuel Butler --

------------------------------------------------

I'd never read Don Quixote de la Mancha or seen the 1972 movie Man of La Mancha, but the movie is on TV right now. I accidentally found it a half hour in, and I'm sort of watching it between doing everything else. It stars Peter O'Toole and Sophia Loren.

I absolutely love La Loren! I don't know whether she's a decent actress or not (she has won many best actress awards, so I guess so), and don't care. I've always thought, since the first time I saw her in the late '50s, that she was possibly the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen.

She has such a strong face. Strong nose. Strong jaw line. Strong chin. So different from the soft pudding pots considered beautiful today. That lower lip was full long before filler injections existed.
.

No comments: