Monday, October 04, 2010

3115 Progress!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that
a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
-- Dave Barry --

--------------------------------------------------------

This weekend it occurred to me that I was going to need a storage unit near the new house, because without a basement.... And if I had a storage unit now, I could start moving stuff down. So I looked up storage facilities in the area, and today I went down and looked at some.

The closest to the house doesn't have 10x10s inside, and since I'll be storing mostly fabric, I'd worry about humidity and mildew. The next closest, about 12 minutes away, has a nice clean 10x10 unit inside on the second floor, with heat and A/C, and inside loading/unloading bays, so I rented it. I'll move the first load of stuff down on Wednesday.

Then when I got home, I found an email from my lawyer, Mr. L.

In its entirety, and exactly as written by his secretary:
Subject: CLOSING DATE

PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDAR ACCORDINGLY, OCT. 13, 2010

THANK YOU.

ELLIE FOR MR. L[xxxxxxx]
Duh. I suppose I'll find out where, what time, and what checks I have to bring, in what amounts, made out to whom, sometime in the next week, eh?

I assume.
.

No comments: