Saturday, July 31, 2010

3039 Why is this woman still missing?

Friday, July 30, 2010

"It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value."
-- Arthur C. Clarke --

----------------------------------------------------


I found this story, a cold case, by accident, while searching for a bowler named Dixie, because RockyGrace mentioned a New York bowler named Dixie, and that name sounded familiar, given that I've been dating a pro bowler and reading tournament standings. (How's that for a tangled sentence?) Anyhow, the story is at http://www.katv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12848510. It's unbelievable that nothing has been done, that the police are so uninterested. It took six months for the woman's mother to get a missing person report filed, because the husband kept saying he'd heard from the woman.

You really need to read the story. It's unbelievable.

---------------------------------

If anyone's TV news has been showing clips of Rhinebeck, where Chelsea's wedding is tomorrow, if you happened to see the one today where Bill Clinton was walking down the street, well, that was directly across the street from the artsy theater where I go to movies all the time. And the big old hotel they keep showing, the Beekman Arms (Washington really did sleep there) is on the corner. That's where I had my all-afternoon office goodbye party when I moved from this area to St. Louis in the early 1970s. I have lunch (overpriced) there occasionally.

I keep hearing that Rhinebeck is a madhouse, mostly reporters trying to get something, anything, from anyone. It's only a few miles away, but I have been carefully avoiding the entire area. I mean, sheesh, parking is nearly impossible there on an ordinary day.
.

No comments: