Tuesday, March 02, 2010

2797 Sick

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot."
-- Mark Twain --

---------------------------------------

Sick. Not really a cold - no phlegm - just very dry sore throat and chest, headache, fever. Non-productive coughing that doubles me over. No stomach involvement, but no appetite, either.

I went to a community theater play Sunday afternoon, in an old historic building. I'd been fine before I went, but the minute I walked in the building I could smell mold. Within minutes I was sneezing, then the coughing started. I left at intermission, and by the time I got home, I was sick sick sick. I couldn't even walk straight. I don't know if the mold started something of its own, or if it exacerbated a virus I'd heretofore been winning against.

I spent most of yesterday in bed, dozing, thinking about the groceries left in the car at the bottom of the driveway, too steep, too weak, too heavy. It hasn't been cold enough for things to freeze (eggs, yogurt, fruit?).

My chest hurts. I'm hungry but I can't think of a single thing I want to eat.
.

No comments: