Friday, February 05, 2010

2767 Static Lint

Friday, February 5, 2010

Reality is merely a consensus.

I really do believe that, by the way. Literally.

-----------------------------------

I just realized I hadn't posted in three days. A little bit of winter doldrums, and a lot of nothing much to say. Nothing happening.

The two Meetup groups I started have grown to 30 singles, and 34 indy movie fans. Most of those people I haven't yet met, and probably won't for a while. The singles' group will be going to an auction tomorrow night, and the movie group has a movie Sunday evening. And then both groups will be attending a documentary movie and discussion at the college Wednesday evening.

Otherwise, all is blah.

I'm getting a little worried about that trip to Morocco in April. The Meetup organizer sent us all an email a few weeks ago listing four possible dates in early February to meet in NYC with the guide, and ask questions. She wanted us to decide which dates worked for us. I responded the same day, and have heard nothing more since. The first two possible dates were last week. The next two are this coming Tuesday and Wednesday.

I sent her an email a few days ago, and have had no response.

Uh, I've been sending her a few hundred dollars every month for quite a while now. The last payment for the trip is due next week. I'm worried that she has suddenly gone silent.

Oh, well. Either I go to Morocco, or I learn another lesson. I guess I'll find out which pretty soon.

-----------------------------------

Something I've discovered about housekeeping - once you've gone a month without vacuuming or dusting, you don't notice much difference thereafter. It all seems to hit some kind of stasis.
.

1 comment:

Chriz said...

Doesn't look good for your trip. You don't have a phone or local address for the organizer? If you paid by Visa there is a possibility to get a refund.