Tuesday, February 02, 2010

2766 Sun!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

When your hand is in the tiger's mouth, you have to pet the head.

--------------------------

Oscar nominations were announced today, and for the first time in 65 years, I have seen most of the movies on the lists. I'm amazed that I saw so many of the nominees at our little local indy theater, the one I started the Meetup group for.

It's odd that in the past I'd seen so few movies. Jay's father got an Academy Award for technical achievement in the late nineties, and Jay liked movies, but it just didn't happen much.

--------------------------

It's been in the single digits to the twenties here for the past week, but when the wind isn't blowing, it hasn't felt that cold. There were a few inches of snow on my driveway from the last storm, and yesterday I noticed that it has almost all melted. The only place snow remains is up close to the house, where it's shaded most of the day.

It's the sun! The sun is so very warm, warmer than expected. I'll go out and it's 9 degrees, but the sun is warm on my face and hands. Hat and gloves are not only not needed, but might even be colder.

Loving it.
.

No comments: