Friday, January 22, 2010

2756 Incompatible

Friday, January 22, 2010

The art of life is to show your hand.
-- E. V. Lucas --

---------------------------------------------------

Ever have two completely incompatible ideas in your head at once? Somehow, I have decided today is Saturday. I have been surprised several times already this morning that it's Friday, yet I persist in thinking it's Saturday.

I was surprised that the "wrong" morning programs were on TV. I worried over it for a moment, then I realized, no, it's Friday.
I was thinking of someone I was supposed to call before the weekend, and was feeling bad that I hadn't called her yesterday, then realized, no, today is Friday.
I've scheduled "Precious" for my Meetup group on Sunday, and was starting to panic because I had not yet checked with the theater about reserving seats, because like 6 people have signed up, and it's a tiny theater that will fill fast and early on Sunday. Oh, ok, I have another day.
I started to pack up the recycle stuff for the Saturday morning trip to the recycle center. Oh, yeah, tomorrow.
I was thinking about what The Man would be doing today, then realized, no, he's at work today.
When I go to the recycle center, I listen to "Car Talk" on NPR on the car radio. I wasn't going to the recycle center (I guess I forgot why), but I turned the house radio on, and was annoyed that "Car Talk" wasn't on.


I KNOW today is Friday, but somehow my body/mind is in Saturday mode, and I can't seem to reset it. I think this is going to give me trouble all day.

---------------------------------------

I found an amusing blog: http://hownottodateonline.com/. The lady writes cringeworthy Craigslist personals, and posts them, including some of the responses she gets from Craigslist prowlers. She makes some very funny video-dating clips. She posts profiles on dating sites, and when she gets a sniff from some poor unsuspecting guy, her response would, well, either attract a guy with an exceptional sense of humor, or make the average guy immediately delete his profile and hide quivering in the corner. (In her blog, click on the Craigslist text, then click again to enlarge it.)

It reminds me of the time I was looking for a friend's profile on a certain dating site which would not allow me to search unless I created a profile myself. So I described myself as a bald obese 94-year-old looking for a strong young man to assist me in bathing and colostomy care, along with "other expected benefits".

Here's one of her videos:

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qddB5P0pl1Y]

-------------------------------

I just had a quick flash of panic - glanced at the clock and thought "OMG, I'm missing 'Car Talk'!" Toldja it was going to bite me all day....
.

2 comments:

Becs said...

Oh, that is prices, that video.

Alan said...

First dates can be very exciting, and one with someone you’ve never met in person can be especially nerve wracking. I would recommend to read this First Date Ideas For Online Daters