Thursday, January 21, 2010

2755 I may regret this

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hold a true friend with both hands.
-- Nigerian Proverb --

-------------------------------------------------

I just did something I may regret. On the other hand, if it turns out I could have done it, and I didn't do it, I definitely would regret it.

I'm getting older, and I've noticed that the inevitable deterioration is speeding up, so I don't have the luxury of putting things off. If I want to do it ever, do it now, before I can't.

I just put down a deposit on a trip to, well, here's the short version of the itinerary:

Day 1 (Thu- 10/28): Group flight departs JFK at 6:10 PM.
Day 2 (Fri - 10/29): Arrive Delhi, India.
Day 3 (Sat - 10/30): Day tour of Taj Mahal.
Day 4 (Sun - 10/31): Fly Delhi to Kathmandu.
Day 5 (Mon - 11/1): Free day in Kathmandu.
Day 6 (Tue - 11/2): Fly Kathmandu to Lhasa.
Day 7 (Wed - 11/3): Lhasa tour. (B)
Day 8 (Thu - 11/4): Lhasa tour. (B)
Day 9 (Fri - 11/5): Lhasa to Gyantse. (B)
Day 10 (Sat - 11/6): Gyantse to Shigatse. (B)
Day 11 (Sun - 11/7): Shigatse to Xegar. (B)
Day 12 (Mon - 11/8): Xegar to Rongbuk Monastery. (B)
Day 13 (Tue - 11/9): Mt Everest Base Camp visit. (B)
Day 14 (Wed - 11/10): Rongbuk to Nyalam. (B)
Day 15 (Thu - 11/11): Nyalam to Kathmandu. (B)
Day 16 (Fri - 11/12): Fly Kathmandu to New York (JFK).
Day 17 (Sat - 11/13): Arrive New York (JFK) at 12:40 PM. Trip Ends.

I am going to Shangri La.

[Meetup trip announcements here and here. Travel company description (more complete) here. Eighteen people in the group, from two Meetup groups, from Albany and NYC. The price mentioned is misleading - that's just the deposit.]
.

3 comments:

Sister said...

Sounds Great!! I envy you!

Becs said...

I am sooooo jealous. But have a wonderful time, bring back great photos and plenty of charming stories to tell.

rockygrace said...

How exciting - have a blast!