Tuesday, December 15, 2009

2701 Digital discovery

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Why aren't southern schools teaching the difference between
"when" and "whenever"?
"Ever" and "every"?
How do people understand each other?

--------------------------

I have an antenna on the roof. It has a rotor. Back when TV was analog, sometimes when the wind blew it would turn the antenna off true, and I'd have to adjust the rotation to get a clear signal back. It's set up for the Albany area channels, but you could turn it 100 degrees and get NYC channels.

We've had some strong wind lately, and one of my digital channels from Schenectady has been breaking up and showing the "low signal" message. So I figured the antenna needed adjusting.

Surprise! I can turn it every which way, and there's no difference to any channel! Does this mean digital signals aren't directional or something? And if that's so, how come I'm not getting the NYC channels?

(I suspect the problem with the Schnectady channel has to do with thick cloud cover and a weak originating signal. I have noticed it happens when there's rain or snow clouds.)
.

No comments: