Saturday, February 21, 2009

2279 Water

Saturday, February 21, 2009

I still have no water. I suspect whatever's wrong won't be cheap, so I didn't want to call just any plumber in the yellow pages. I've spent the past week trying to get a recommendation from someone, anyone.

I was in a fairly new gourmet deli in the village this afternoon, and they had a scrapbook on the counter detailing their gutting and rebuilding process. I thought, "Hey, I'll bet they used a plumber!" So I asked. Turns out their plumber was the brother-in-law of one of the partners, and she recognized me as a friend of Piper, whom they know well - so now I have a plumber. He's coming tomorrow to take a look.

Jay always liked the guys that put in the well, but I couldn't remember who that was.

The desk I'm sitting at right now is an oak manager's desk, purchased used from The Company at a warehouse sale . The wide, shallow, center drawer has a trough in the front where I have pens, pencils, paper clips, and so on. I sit here with the drawer slightly open, to rest my elbows on the top edge as I type, so that trough is always visible, and I get a pen or pencil out several times a day.

Now, the weird part. The part that makes me think I may be losing it.

This evening I happened to glance down, and in the left end of that trough, clearly visible, covered by nothing, info side up, is the business card for the well company. It's been there for 20 years.
.

No comments: