Saturday, January 03, 2009

2195 Ouchy Back

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Way back, at least a week before Christmas, in expectation of snow and not wanting to carry bags of recycle material down the driveway, I loaded the back seat of my car with cut up cardboard and grocery bags full of newspaper, "smooth" paper, and mixed glass, metal, and plastic. The recycle center is open on Wednesday and Saturday mornings. I intended to dump the load the next time it was open.

Between then and now I hadn't been able to catch them open. Either they were closed for snow, or they were open but I was snowed in, or I overslept, or or or ....

In the meantime, more bags and cardboard got tossed in.

By this morning I was unable to see out the back window. I really need to get to the recycle center! I even set the alarm last night.

I woke up this morning with twinges in my lower back. I know that feeling well. It says, "be good, be careful, no lifting, or I will bite you".

The recycle center has high-sided construction dumpsters. Dumping the stuff in means I have to lift the heavy bags higher than my shoulders.

I thought about it. I went. I dumped. I am now wearing the back brace.
.

No comments: